Customer Bill of Rights & Responsibilities
Centrad Healthcare, LLC shall honor customer rights and inform customers of their rights in the service process. Customers will receive a written copy of Customer’s Rights and Responsibilities at the time of the admission. Centrad staff will be trained in reviewing Customer Rights with the customer/caregiver and will ensure understanding of these rights and responsibilities. The customer/caregiver will be asked to sign a form documenting receipt and understanding of their rights. This form will be filed in the customer’s record. If a customer cannot read the Customer Rights and Responsibilities Statement, arrangements will be made to have it read to the customer in a language the customer can understand. If the customer is a minor or requires assistance in understanding these rights, a legal guardian, parent, or other responsible party will be informed.
CUSTOMER BILL OF RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- To be fully informed in advance about care to be provided and of any modification to the service/care plan
- To participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of care
- To refuse services or treatment after the consequences of refusing treatment are fully presented
- To be informed in advance of care being provided, charges for services, including payment for care expected from third parties and any charges for which the client will be responsible
- To have you and your property treated with respect, consideration, recognition of client dignity and individuality
- To be able to identify visiting staff members through proper identification
- To be free from mistreatment, neglect or verbal, mental, sexual and physical abuse, including injuries of unknown sources, and misappropriation of client property
- To voice grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care, lack of respect of property or recommend changes in policy, staff or care/service without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal
- To have grievances/complaints regarding treatment or care that is (or fails to be) furnished or lack of respect of property investigated
- To choose a health care provider
- To expect that all protected health information received shall be kept confidential and private
- To be advised of providers policies and procedures regarding the disclosure of clinical records
- To receive appropriate and professional care without discrimination in accordance with physician orders
- To be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization
- To be informed of one’s responsibilities
- To be informed of providers scope of services and/or specific limitations, abuse or neglect.
It is your responsibility to:
- Dial “911” whenever a life threatening medical emergency arises
- Provide complete and accurate information regarding your history and billing information
- Comply with your physician’s orders and plan of care
- Use and care for the equipment provided and not allow use by anyone other than the authorized patient
- Contact us of any equipment malfunction or defect, and allow our staff to correct the problem
- Advise us of any changes in your status, including address, medical condition and billing information
- Assume payment responsibility for services not covered by your insurance carrier, except when not allowed
- Maintain a safe home environment for the proper utilization of equipment
- Pay for the replacement costs of any equipment damaged, destroyed or lost due to misuse, abuse or neglect.
To view a PDF with an overview of all of our Important Patient Notices, click here.